Entering 10th standard was the time I had to start dreaming, for my future, “if you want to do something in your life start dreaming”. But there were no dreams and no visions. At this time the only thing that overpowered me was a bicycle! This girl was my senior at my school and she was beautiful and adorable. But she was amazing with her bicycle. A girl looks different on bicycle. I am sure this pose of women must have inspired many poets, yet to find one or may be a poet was in making.
I could have done anything for a ride with her. I used to go in parallel with this lady to the school. And lucky days saw the return journey too. It always was an amazing feeling for me. Many girls attracted me and still attract me but I don’t carry them for a long except for few. And believe me this few is really “few” till date! She was the head girl of our school and one of the toppers of her class. What better could be a girl’s profile? Very apt for my family! Yes family, I dreamt too much. I didn’t talk to her much, but I did it in my dreams very efficiently. It was “love” for me. I didn’t know what to do next, should I talk to her? (No, she would laugh at me), should I talk to my friends? (they would laugh harder and will make the school laugh), should I talk to my parents? (They wouldn’t laugh but wouldn’t relieve me either)
Life kept on pedaling me and soon speed breakers came in form of “board exams”. Alarming time because I wasn’t dreaming, but my parents were. I had to make them true! A good score could make me so popular in school, who knows if I get attention from someone just on this basis! 91.4% yes I did it, and God existed for me when she was there at the moment when I just came out of the cyber café with my father. Having a dream come true for my father I once thought to make a wish and ask him if I could marry this lady on the bicycle. She had class that day and was going to school. Luckily CBSE declared results in the early morning. She stopped by looking at me and asked how much I got? Everything fit well. I murmured “I love you” and my father said “91.4%” (as if it was how much probable this girl was for me) She replied “he might be the topper of our school”. It was all for me.
Still I had no dreams for future, and there was no pill to cure it. But my parents were still dreaming and they had pill for me “IIT”. I joined a school in Delhi, a coaching for JEE preparation and life had switched to gears. The lady with the bicycle went away from me like anything! NO (happy/sad) ENDing, this wasn’t fair. It all ended for a kid. I couldn’t do anything about this. But then I got a thought, clearing JEE could again make me popular and who knows if she might get interest in me (a kid was allowed then with this kind of LOGIC, popularity come with ranks that is what is taught to us). But God has always been the climax producer in everyone’s life. He had his part here too.
The day I got a rank in IIT, our friends decided for a meet. It was after a long time that we all decided to meet. They started playing “truth and dare”. I lost somehow, and was challenged for a truth. They asked me about my first crush and I was like wtf! Why should I tell you? But I didn’t know that this game can have such disastrous results. I am sure this game was some girl’s invention to know the secrets of man. I had to name a girl. I then thought what harm it will do even if I mention her name. I told them the real name and they all went in shock as if I had a secret to a treasure that I kept away from them for such a long time. But they laughed at it as I expected earlier.
“She is engaged and would soon get married” said one of my "well-wisher". Life pedaled for her faster than me and I just smiled at this to atleast have an end!

No comments:
Post a Comment